Whether you are new to the winter sport of cross country skiing or want to sharpen your skills, lessons are a great way to improve your technique and enhance your skiing experience.
When you improve your ability to transfer your weight, the motion takes less energy. With guidance and a little practice, you’ll become more efficient in your kick + glide and x-country skiing will feel more effortless.
We can help you learn how.
- How to put gear on and off properly
- Ski trail etiquette and warm up
- How to safely fall and get up
- How to ski on flats- how to kick + glide
- How to ski up hills (Herringbone technique)
- How to ski downhill (Snowplow technique)
- Plus other fun exercises and techniques to improve your skiing and allow you to enjoy your ski day to the fullest
Key Stuff about Lessons
- Classic style lessons: group format lessons are generally for up to 6 people
- Available on weekends and holidays (alternative arrangements may be possible).
- Reservations required – recommended 24 to 48 hours in advance
- Taught by accredited x-ski instructors
- Introductory group lesson are approximately 30-40 minutes long
- Private lessons are an hour in length
Group lesson: $15 per person + trail pass ($20 Adult / $16 Youth or Senior)
Private Lesson $25 per person + trail pass ($20 Adult / $16 Youth or Senior)
School group lessons also available – please call to discuss.
Call today to reserve your x-ski lesson!
Nordic Centre: (705) 446-0256 ext. 223