Introducing a thrilling new winter adventure – Night cross-country skiing by headlamp.
The late closing time extends the Nordic ski day, and is ideal for visitors who come up in the afternoon. Either continue your day ski into the evening or just come out for a sparkling night ski.
- This is a non-guided activity.
- Maps on the trails identify your location.
- Approximately 10 km. of trails will be open (8 shared skate + classic; 2 km are classic only)
- Recommended trails: Lemon Squeezy (1km), Easy Peesy (2.2km), Lookout Point (1.1 km), Eagle Flight/Georgian View (5km), Murphy’s Romp (1 km for experts).
- Expert level skiers may ski all the trails, with caution.
- Night skiing is available weather permitting.
Know your limits and ensure whichever trail you ski that you plan to return by 7:45pm. The Nordic Centre closes promptly at 8pm.
- Bring your own headlamp (or rent one).
- Best to ski in groups or at least with a buddy.
- Skiers are requested to ski slowly at trail intersections.
- Hot & cold food, snacks and drinks are available to purchase. Snack Bar closes at 7:30pm.
- Sorry, dogs are not permitted on the trails.
Night Cross-country Skiing Schedule 2016-2017
Night x-country skiing hours will be extended from dusk to 8pm on six evenings in 2016-2017:
Saturday February 18, 2017 (Family Day Weekend)
Sunday February 19, 2017 (Family Day Weekend)
NIGHT CROSS COUNTRY SKIING IS NOW CANCELLED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON due to the weather conditions.
Saturday March 11, 2017 (March Break) – n/a
Wednesday March 15, 2017 (March Break) – n/a
Saturday March 18, 2017 (March Break) – n/a
Cost of Night Cross-Country Skiing
9am – 8pm Full Day Pass: Adult $20 / Senior + Youth $16. This includes in/out privileges for the day.
After 2pm – 8pm: Adult $17; Senior + Youth $ 13. Last ticket is sold at 6:30pm.
With Ski rentals: add $22 for Adults/Youth/Senior; $16 for under 6 years old
Headlamp rental $5. There are 30 pairs available (first- come, first-served)
Pulka sleds may be rented for night skiing on a first-come, first-served basis but cannot be set aside for the entire day.
When the winter sun begins to set and the moon starts to rise, challenge your nocturnal spirit with a night-time adventure.
Cross-country skiing at night is an exciting and different experience because the snow beneath you guides you, rather than your eyesight. Your senses will be elevated by the solitude and serenity of the wilderness surrounding you.
Be enchanted by the beauty of a winter wonderland at night.
Whether the canopy is overcast or sparkling with stars and moonlight, the reflection from the glistening white snow and your headlamp will illuminate your path.
If you’re a night owl and love to x-country skiing, you’ll have a hoot and a howl on this adventure.