- 27 kilometers of cross country ski trails for both classic and skate styles.
- Trails are professionally groomed daily.
- High altitude conditions. Perched high atop the mountain, the unique geographic location provides an excellent elevation for snow conditions and consistent temperatures.
- Cross country ski trails are situated at the highest point of the Niagara Escarpment, offering spectacular scenery and views. They wind through a 200 year old forest of 100 foot tall maple beech and oak trees.
- Ideal for recreational skiers. Three well marked and rated levels of difficulty: four beginner/novice trails ranging from 1-2 km., five intermediate trails ranging from 3 – 5 km ; seven advanced trails which link between trails and extend beyond.
How much time should I plan?
Enjoy an entire day of skiing. Your day pass allows in/out privileges. Half day passes are available after 2pm. The last Nordic admission is 3:30pm.
- The newest brands of cross country boots, skis and poles may be rented. Baby gliders are also available.
+ View Equipment Rentals + Download Equipment Rental Contract
- Near the end of each season, a portion of rental equipment is sold at a discount price. Contact us for details.
- Introductory lessons and advanced cross country classic ski lessons are available. Reservations are required.
- Four first aid stations are located throughout the trails. A defibrillator is stationed at the main lodge and key staff members have First Aid certification.
- Facilities include: warm-up chalet, snack bar, change rooms, ski waxing hut.
- Nordic Groups may request a private building for apres-ski activities.
- Season passes at discount rates
+ Download Nordic Season Pass Benefits 2016-2017
+ Download Nordic Centre Season Pass Liability Waiver 2016-2017
- Scenic Caves 3 pass package
- Special School discounts, Group rates
- Gift certificates are available
- Ski 3 Passport available (ski/snowshoe 3 Nordic centres: Highlands Nordic, Wasaga Nordic and Scenic Caves Nordic)
+ Download Ski 3 poster
- Ski Masters program
- The Nordic Centre is open throughout the holiday season (weather-permitting).
- Dogs are not permitted on the trails.
With its unique location high atop the mountain, the Nordic Adventures Centre is one of the finest natural winter playgrounds in Ontario.
It’s a magical world filled with fresh, crisp winter air, covered in pristine snow, and soothing forest tranquility. Guests regularly catch glimpses of white-tailed deer and a variety of winter birds.
Classic skiers enjoy warming up on “Easy Peezy”. It’s a tranquil , serene dreamland. All trails except “Easy Peezy” are groomed for skate skiing.
Spectacular landscapes are witnessed at “Lookout Point” and “Rock Face”. At “Logan’s Run” you can view the bay from one direction and the countryside from the other.
Skiers rave about the gentle rolling terrain of “Northwest Passage” which follows the scenic tree line and opens out to vast rolling expanses.
“Murphy’s Run” boasts fun, fast and winding downhill challenges.
After an exhilarating adventure through this magical wonderland, ‘keep the good times going’ with family and friends by sharing some hot food and drink and relaxing around the woodstove in the cozy chalet.
Trail and Weather reports
During the winter season, our staff members update the trail conditions and weather reports to offer you ‘up to the minute’ information.
Ski Masters Program
The Masters Ski program for adults on Saturday mornings is led by Gord Salt (CANSI level 1 instructor, NCCP level 3 coach, coach of high school, clubs, university and master athletes).
Enquiries regarding the Master Program should be directed to Gord at: (705) 422-0023 or by email: email@example.com
Cross Country Ski Events 2016-2017
March 5, 2017: Scenic Caves Skate Ski Loppet