Rocky the Train
- Rocky is an electric train that runs on batteries, so it hums along quietly.
- It departs from the Big Rock Railway Station and runs on a paved pathway loop.
- Young and old can ride this mini-express train.
How much time should I plan?
The train ride takes approximately 10 minutes.
- During the spring and fall, Rocky operates on weekends and holidays. During the summer, it runs seven days per week.
- Rocky does not operate under severe rain/weather conditions.
- Rocky the Train is included with your paid park admission to Scenic Caves.
All ages will enjoy a ride on Rocky the Train, an authentic 19th century replica locomotive, including bells, steam whistle. Rocky departs from the Big Rock Railroad Station near the main grounds admission area. The Scenic Caves mini-express is trackless, and electric so it is environmentally friendly. The train is comprised of a locomotive, coal car, three wagons, and a caboose all of which can seat both young and old alike.
The Train Conductor will take you on a 10 minute journey meandering through our park ground. Along the way the Conductor will delight you with tales of the many lifelike wooden carvings that you will see, while going through two railway crossings and a tunnel. Be sure to ask the Conductor to take a photo of your family on the train before departing the station.